[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Re: Hacking a Personal Computer via E-mail

Steve Neruda wrote:
> Take a look at RFC 1149 "IP over Carrier Pigeons"
>
>       http://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/docs/rfc/rfc1149.txt/
>
> Guess if you can't do it with IP you can't do it ;-)

Wait.  There's some confusion here.  IP is a datagram protocol-- it's
just a way of defining which bits serve what function.  Any datagram
protocol can tunnel in any other datagram protocol.

However transmission protocols, like TCP often have time-sensitive
components which cannot be "tunnelled".  I'd like to see someone try
TCP/IP over carrier pigeons.

-j

--
Joe Andrieu                   Internet Developers Association
President                       http://www.association.org